Who I am
I'm a product leader, speaker, and mentor. I advocate for systemic solutions to business and customer problems that are fast and accessible by default. You can find my work featured in The A11y Project, A11y Weekly, and at CSUN: The Assistive Technology Conference.
I'm passionate about:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Organizational change management
- Product management
- Assistive technologies
- Semantics and interoperability
- Accessible and inclusive design
- Accessible data visualization
Looking for a contributor with experience in accessibility, search engine optimization, or product management? I'm currently available for speaking, writing, teaching, and consulting. Get in touch!
You can also find me on, LinkedIn and Github.
What I've done
- 4.5 years at Recreational Equipment, Inc. in Program and Product Management Roles. Currently: Leading REI's award-winning accessibility team.
- Created to co-op's first in-house accessibility program with the goal of enabling inclusive participation online, in-store, and outside.
- Managed, distributed, and consulted on conformance audits across REI.com's web properties leading to 80% remediation of barriers in 90 days.
- Deployed comprehensive automated accessibility testing via CI/CD, passively preventing regression for > 90% digital customer experiences.
- Launched adhoc testing tool, Arborist, leading to 99% increase in testing frequency ( 365 > 7 days ) and 99% ( $4.99 > $.003 ) cost savings, while expanding test scope to 2,600 unique pages.
- Built a semi-automated user "insights factory" that regularly includes people with disabilities in digital product development and enabled more than 60 unique tests in 2022.
- Launched the Accessibility Champions Program, leading to a group of 50+ passionate accessibility advocates across the enterprise engaged in empathy building and up-skilling.
- Awarded the Accessibility Culture Award at axeCon 2022
- Received the Anderson Award, REI's highest honor, for our work on Accessibility in 2021. Nominated in 2020, 2021, and 2023.
- 4 years of architecting and optimizing search engine optimization strategies to the tune of six-figures for local and national brands.
- 2 years at Iowa State University: Teaching an experimental course on Search Engine Optimization for Journalism, Public Relations, and Advertising students.
Honors & awards
- Deque: Accessibility Culture Award
- REI: Anderson Award